Is it my imagination?....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brdrumz

Reaction score
I really think my hangovers were worse from a heavy night of drinking store bought beers, than any time I've had HOMEBREW to drink. I mean just a 6pk of store bought makes me feel crappy, and I tend to get a headache. But HOMEBREW which is usually even stronger, leaves me feeling fine in the morning. (and usually a 6 pack is way plenty!) *I'm a lightweight I guess*

Is this my imagination?....or is there something true to it?

I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard before that big beer companies use fillers which make the hangover worse.

IIRC, Papazian claims it's the vitamin B (etc) from the yeast that helps replenish what your body loses from the drinking. Don't know whether that passes the sniff test for a real biochemist, but it sounds like a good story to tell your friends anyway.

I'll take Papazian's word for it. Not really sure if that's what it is, but I've noticed the same effect, as have other people. Regardless of the reason, it's a beautiful thing! :mug: (Though some "real science" on the matter might be cool...)

Might be a preservative as well. Commercial beer gives me a headache too. Not even a hangover one.

Latest posts

Back