New Zealand Brewers - Page 39 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > International > New Zealand Brewers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #381
crusader1612
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 893
Liked 62 Times on 57 Posts


Just checked by Belgo, and its at 1,018 so its done its job. and I kept my sample in the fridge for 3 hours, and wow this is going to be one damn awesome brew. I'll taste again tomorrow after a few morehours in the fridge (I do this sometimes...) shame we cant buy this beer in the country.


__________________
Check out my Crusade for Better Beer.

Check out the CHBA - Christchurch Homebrew Association on Facebook

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #382
kiwirevo
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Auckladn, New Zealand
Posts: 217
Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts


Hi Guys, a couple of you know me or my brews. I'm a home brewer in Auckland and I've been brewing for just over a year (anniversary was on 28th of April). To celebrate I brewed my 30th and 31st beers!
I started with the usual Coppertun kit with the Munich Lager, then quickly started modifying kits, whilst making small batch all grain brews (2-3 Litres). After 6 months I upgraded to full batch BIAB.
I've done some great beers (Yakima Scarlet Clone, Hopped Lately?, Chipotlale, Russian Imperial Oatmeal Treacle Stout and Waimea Pure)
Some unusual beers (Chipotlale, Oatmeal Pale Ale, Beef in Bourbon Beer, 100% Peated)
And, of course, some terrible disasters!! (Beef in Bourbon Beer, Milk Chocolate Porter (the lactose turned into lactic acid), 2 attempts at Mexican Cerveza)

I'm also a distiller and I've made a couple of meads.

I really enjoy brewing high gravity brews, most of my recent brews have been over 10% but my next brew in the planning is targeting 20+% all grain (no sugar).

Anyway, I look forward to sharing knowledge and brews with you guys.



Pkrd Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #383
crusader1612
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 893
Liked 62 Times on 57 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwirevo
Hi Guys, a couple of you know me or my brews. I'm a home brewer in Auckland and I've been brewing for just over a year (anniversary was on 28th of April). To celebrate I brewed my 30th and 31st beers!
I started with the usual Coppertun kit with the Munich Lager, then quickly started modifying kits, whilst making small batch all grain brews (2-3 Litres). After 6 months I upgraded to full batch BIAB.
I've done some great beers (Yakima Scarlet Clone, Hopped Lately?, Chipotlale, Russian Imperial Oatmeal Treacle Stout and Waimea Pure)
Some unusual beers (Chipotlale, Oatmeal Pale Ale, Beef in Bourbon Beer, 100% Peated)
And, of course, some terrible disasters!! (Beef in Bourbon Beer, Milk Chocolate Porter (the lactose turned into lactic acid), 2 attempts at Mexican Cerveza)

I'm also a distiller and I've made a couple of meads.

I really enjoy brewing high gravity brews, most of my recent brews have been over 10% but my next brew in the planning is targeting 20+% all grain (no sugar).

Anyway, I look forward to sharing knowledge and brews with you guys.
Welcome kiwi. Looking forward to try some more of your beers :-)
How's that 20%er coming?
__________________
Check out my Crusade for Better Beer.

Check out the CHBA - Christchurch Homebrew Association on Facebook

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #384
kiwirevo
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Auckladn, New Zealand
Posts: 217
Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts


I'm just getting all the stuff together for it and I have to wait for my fermenters to be empty. Probably wait until after my birthday at the end of may as i hope my wife is getting me a grain mill. And with 14kgs of grain getting closer to 80% rather than 60% would be good

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:33 AM   #385
crusader1612
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 893
Liked 62 Times on 57 Posts


Bottling my Belgian IPA on Sunday, looks and tastes good, and of course the smell.

Lunchie you ready to swap yet?
__________________
Check out my Crusade for Better Beer.

Check out the CHBA - Christchurch Homebrew Association on Facebook

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #386
NZLunchie
Recipes 
 
Aug 2011
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Posts: 354
Liked 30 Times on 24 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader1612 View Post
Lunchie you ready to swap yet?
Not just yet brother. Shes still very green and uncarbed at the moment.
I've got a bottle set aside for you though!
__________________
ManawaBrew Home Brew Blog
ManawaBrew on Facebook
ManawaBrew on Twitter

Follow me on Twitter
Check me out on Untappd

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #387
crusader1612
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 893
Liked 62 Times on 57 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by NZLunchie

Not just yet brother. Shes still very green and uncarbed at the moment.
I've got a bottle set aside for you though!
All good, PM Me your address and ill send mine through cos I'm out for 3-4 weeks. in for the op Tuesday see
__________________
Check out my Crusade for Better Beer.

Check out the CHBA - Christchurch Homebrew Association on Facebook

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:04 AM   #388
Pkrd
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Pkrd's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
Posts: 742
Liked 303 Times on 146 Posts


I think July might be a lazy brewing month for me...

http://www.freshwortpacks.com/products/8-wired-hopwired

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:27 AM   #389
crusader1612
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 893
Liked 62 Times on 57 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkrd View Post
I think July might be a lazy brewing month for me...

http://www.freshwortpacks.com/products/8-wired-hopwired
Yeah I've seen those, a bit more pricey than normal brewing, it'd be interesting to see how lose the beer is to the original..... definitely somethign I might invest in, when I get back into it. just to see the differences, do you kow what yeast is supplied??
__________________
Check out my Crusade for Better Beer.

Check out the CHBA - Christchurch Homebrew Association on Facebook

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:51 AM   #390
Pkrd
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Pkrd's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
Posts: 742
Liked 303 Times on 146 Posts


No idea on the yeast. I was planning a Tall Poppy clone but I think this will do me for IPAs for a while.


Doing the second half of my Epic Pale ale kit tonight.
Skipping the 77C mash out really helps with the bag handling.


__________________
I mostly only usually drink to support my brewing habit.

Fermenting:
On Deck:
On Tap: Yoopers Oatmeal Stout, Zombie Dust

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Southwestern Ontario Brewers davidparise International 50 08-07-2015 07:30 PM
New Zealand pubs Styles International 14 03-18-2014 10:08 AM
Costa rica brewers group caribbeanbrewguy International 8 12-24-2012 04:01 PM
Brewers in Tasmania dibby33 International 6 05-23-2007 02:35 AM


Forum Jump