Kegerator Tip??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louballs

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post here. I tried using the search function, but couldn't find an answer to this. I just purchased a Vassani Kegerator, Model # MCKC490S. This model has the CO2 can held on the outside rear and the line feeds through a hole in the back of the fridge. My question is, the CO2 line isn't really a snug fit in the hole which would lead me to believe that cold air would be constantly escaping. I checked the box and the instructions and there is no grommet or anything to make a tighter seal around the hose. Have any of you run into this with this model or any other? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Lou

Quick fix: "Gasket Seal" the hole, auto supply store. (Used for forming rubber gaskets.)

Or, PVC tube over the line in between the hole, and seal inside the PVC tube with a gasket type seal.

Or, stog a bit of fiberglass insulation (ie. wall, floor, ceiling.. doesn't matter which) in and around the hole to seal where the tube comes out.

Or, Spray Foam around the tube where it comes out. It expands very quickly, have to be careful.

Thanks, those are good ideas. My only issue is that id still like the hose to move relatively freely, so nothing permanent.

They are not permanent. Gasket Seal is soluble with acetone. Fiberglass insulation can be removed at will. Foam Spray can be cut once dry. If you want something that can move freely, I'd suggest the bit of insulation. It doesn't stick to the hose but makes a seal.

Thanks, ill give it a try, not much air is getting out, but I don't think any cold air should be. Not sure why they wouldn't include some sort of grommet.

Even a piece of rubber would solve the problem, you might even try the MacGyver approach and run the tube through an airlock bung at the hole! hehe!

I have the same kegerator and that small gap hasnt posed that great of a problem. the kegerator keeps temperature very well and doesn't kick on more than 3 to 4 times a day

turnaround89 said:
I have the same kegerator and that small gap hasnt posed that great of a problem. the kegerator keeps temperature very well and doesn't kick on more than 3 to 4 times a day

Good to know! Did you have to tinker with the thermostat at all. The fridge itself isn't getting below 40 without a keg. I've read online that some people have taken off the thermostat housing and had to adjust the screw in there a bit. I'm going to give that a try.

Back