What should I make next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandog2500

Reaction score
I brewed 2 batches so far, an oatmeal stout and Rogue Brutal IPA. Just wondering what i should make next. something with a little higher octane.

For hopheads do a DIPA -- for something new try a barleywine or strong Belgian or Russian Imperial Stout

Yea it's not a simple recipe so if you are not comfortable brewing yet, it's probably not a good idea. AHS's Blue Moon kit is supposed to be excellent (I've never done it though)

Fantastic. My plan is, for when I smell the house up while brewing and the wife comes in and gets a little irritated. Ill just say "Hun, I'm doing this for you! Its Blue Moon" - BAM

Fantastic. My plan is, for when I smell the house up while brewing and the wife comes in and gets a little irritated. Ill just say "Hun, I'm doing this for you! Its Blue Moon" - BAM

That's how I started justifying double batches - "No honey, that batch is mine, this batch is for YOU!"

You can use the same argument when you spend the cash to buy an 8+ gallon rig. Then when she still yells you can tell her about the 60,000 btu burner that will allow you to brew outside and not smell up the house.;)

Back