Bottle conditioning lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhensgens

Reaction score
The question has been asked but I am unclear on the answer. I lagered my beer and now am bottle conditioning. It has been at 70 degrees for 7 days can I move it back to the fridge to finish ? If not is 70 the best temp and for how long?

Thanks. Just tried one it's too early I know but already very good. One worry, I believe I poured a little too vigorously and got a little sediment off bottom. No big deal I skimmed it off top and it was fine but as small as it was my worry is it was green. Bacterial infection? The beer was not only good but very good. Should I be ok or do I need to do something to protect the 44 bottles left. They have a week left before going in fridge. Thanks for the help

bhensgens said:
Thanks. Just tried one it's too early I know but already very good. One worry, I believe I poured a little too vigorously and got a little sediment off bottom. No big deal I skimmed it off top and it was fine but as small as it was my worry is it was green. Bacterial infection? The beer was not only good but very good. Should I be ok or do I need to do something to protect the 44 bottles left. They have a week left before going in fridge. Thanks for the help

What was green? The sediment your poured from bottle to glass? Did you use hop pellets? I wouldn't change the plan.

Yes sorry haven't checked back,hop pellets must have been it because it did not happen again and the beer was fine

Back