Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Ohio HomeBrew Forum > Brewing in Toledo, Ohio

Old 10-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #61
ToledoBeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBrewer View Post
Is Swig kid-friendly?
I took my daughter there when she was two or three. I don't think they have a kids menu or anything, but we got her a hot dog or some chicken chunks or something.

Old 10-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #62
ToledoBeer
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Marino's

Anyone been to Marino's Beverage Depot in Sylvania yet? They got a killer selection. Their overall selection is on par with Andersons, but they have a WAY better cold beer selection. It's over in the plaza next to the Sylvania Packo's across from Ralphies. The only issue I have is that I noticed a lot of their beers are covered in dust so it makes me question their freshness and ability to move it fast enough.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #63
cbmikey
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 32

I've never been there. Of course I'm rarely on that side of town. For me it's either Anderson's in Maumee or Cork's in Perrysburg/Rossford.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #64
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4840 Times on 2893 Posts
Likes Given: 4052

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmikey View Post
I've never been there. Of course I'm rarely on that side of town. For me it's either Anderson's in Maumee or Cork's in Perrysburg/Rossford.
I grew up about a mile from that Anderson's in Maumee. I spent my childhood at the Mudhens games (my little brother and I could walk there).
Old 10-28-2013, 03:08 AM   #65
FireBrewer

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToledoBeer View Post
I took my daughter there when she was two or three. I don't think they have a kids menu or anything, but we got her a hot dog or some chicken chunks or something.
Ok, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToledoBeer View Post
Anyone been to Marino's Beverage Depot in Sylvania yet? They got a killer selection. Their overall selection is on par with Andersons, but they have a WAY better cold beer selection.
I stop there every time I'm in town, and Andersons too. Both are very good. Hit both the Sylvania and Maumee Andersons last week, went home with a case of singles.

Old 10-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #66
Vlint
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Anywhere in Toledo get Russian River brews?

Old 10-30-2013, 08:25 PM   #67
cbmikey
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
I grew up about a mile from that Anderson's in Maumee. I spent my childhood at the Mudhens games (my little brother and I could walk there).
Ahhh swimming at the rec center. Them's is some good memories!

It's gone fairly downhill. The fairgrounds are all but dead except during fair season. Southwyck area is a ghost town now.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:48 PM   #68
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4840 Times on 2893 Posts
Likes Given: 4052

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmikey View Post
Ahhh swimming at the rec center. Them's is some good memories!

It's gone fairly downhill. The fairgrounds are all but dead except during fair season. Southwyck area is a ghost town now.
Haha, yea, the rec center. I started out in the baby pool (had concrete whales in the middle), then the middle pool, then the pool with the high-dive boards.

I loved Southwyck Mall. I was a bit of a mall rat.

I was just in Sylvania. My dad lives there.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:02 AM   #69
mozart4898
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Add me to the list of Toledo area brewers who frequents Titgemeiers - I live southeast of the city, halfway between Perrysburg and Fremont, and work in the city. I honestly felt bad putting in a *huge* hop order through Hops Direct a couple months ago instead of just buying from them, but being one who likes to brew some quite hoppy beers, it's not always possible to pick up 8+ oz of what I might need there, even though their stock is usually pretty good - I don't know how many LHBS stock Wyeast but they always have a lot of them in stock and they move them, my 3711 bought on Monday was less than 2 months from manufacture.

As far as where to get good beer in the area, I'll 2nd/3rd or whatever the suggestions of The Andersons and Corks in Perrysburg for retail and The Attic on Adams St. for a good selection of brews on tap. Not even sure what they might carry in bottles but the last couple times I've been in there I've had Enjoy By 11/12/13 and La Fin du Monde...certainly not your everyday BMC selections.

I'll also put in a plug for where I work - I cook at Manhattan's about a block down from The Attic. We don't have near the selection but do generally have Great Lakes seasonal, Brooklyn IPA, and possibly another one or two craft selections on tap and a few more in bottles. Despite my campaigning though we don't generally have much for the real hopheads, and I don't think we've ever had a Belgian beer in bottles or on tap. Live music Monday-Saturday every week though. Plus I'm frequently at the bar Thursday-Saturday late nights.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #70
cbmikey
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Hi there mozart, I live less than 10 minutes away from you in Lemoyne! Small world!