Regulator probelm need advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaldManBrew

Reaction score
Ok so I went to clean my lines and put my new beer in the keg but when I turned on the co2 I got no sound what so ever. Odd. My psi gauge goes up but no co2 transferring through. I was hoping something was frozen and jamming up the works but it's been sitting out for 6 hours now. Still nothing. I took off the hose and looked into my ball valve, yep opening and closing. I am perplexed. How can my gauges be registering pressure but not transferring the co2?

The CO2 is making its way into the regulator, but not out. A regulator can't tell the difference between pushing gas against a blocked port or into a keg of beer; all it knows is the amount of resistance it is getting.

If you are sure that all your valves are open, you might have some blockage somewhere. Depending on the type of regulator, you can usually take it apart to clean.

well after several emails to the makers of the regulator company and it turns out it wasn't the regulator at all, it was the check valve. It is not letting anything pass through it

It's a two-way check valve! ;)

I bet the ball seized in the bore. If you can unscrew it, you should be able to poke the ball loose...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back