The Walking dead - Page 145 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The Walking dead

Old 12-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #1441
dudius

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Big Rapids, MI
Liked 62 Times on 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BargainMugs View Post
At least we only have to wait a couple months. Breaking Bad's break is a full year. Why had a mid season break if it lasts a full year. Wouldn't that be a new season?
I agree. I know for shows like TWD its to take a break for the holiday crap and a lot of stuff doesn't come back til after the Superbowl. Its AMCs way of keeping ratings high for the show.

But I generally hate long breaks in shows. The Venture Brothers took two long breaks, they stopped mid-season for who knows why and picked up a year and a half later. Then after that season its been a year or two and it seems they have the show written but maybe didn't do it in time for Adult Swim to schedule (or maybe because the ****ing Cleveland show took its time slot). But they still had to show a Halloween special making people like me believe there's hope for a fifth season to air soon.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:20 AM   #1442
45_70sharps

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Raymond, Washington
Liked 172 Times on 141 Posts

I think some of the good shows on secondary networks are always fighting for funding.
They get enough funding for a few shows, then the network checks out the ratings and advertising funds and funds a few more episodes.
Anyone ever watch men of a certain age on AMC?
Funny as hell, especially if you happen to be a man of that certain age ( middle aged ). They did a short season, then it went away. It came back after about a year of being gone.
It had something like three spurts of being on and I keep hoping it will return.

Lucky the walking dead got such a following or we would all be disappointed.
It's hard to survive as a weekly show if you aren't on one of the big network.

On tap
Black Butte clone

In secondary
Pumpkin ale

In primary
Honey wit

Up next.. Firestone Union Jack clone

Old 12-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #1443
dudius

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Big Rapids, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45_70sharps View Post
I think some of the good shows on secondary networks are always fighting for funding.
They get enough funding for a few shows, then the network checks out the ratings and advertising funds and funds a few more episodes.
Funny as hell, especially if you happen to be a man of that certain age ( middle aged ). They did a short season, then it went away. It came back after about a year of being gone.
It had something like three spurts of being on and I keep hoping it will return.

Lucky the walking dead got such a following or we would all be disappointed.
It's hard to survive as a weekly show if you aren't on one of the big network.
It's great to see what the show has become after starting as a 6 episode show. I thought it would just be a mini-series until I saw the last episode and realized there could be more seasons. I never knew it was a comic book until part way through season 2.

So back to discussion about TWD, who else really hopes Andrea dies this season? I've hated her from the start and it seems to grow constantly. The thing that annoys me most is the way she always looks like she just smelled a fart. I'm really hoping Michonne calls her out on being a leech and kills Andrea herself.

And a question for the comic-readers, a yes or no answer should suffice. Are Duane and Morgan (the black father and son Rick met in the first episode whom he tries to radio the entire first season) in the comic? And if so, does Rick meet up with them again? I feel like it's a bit of a plot hole that's never been filled. I mean you just kind of stop noticing Rick try the radio and you never hear or see anything about it again.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #1444
45_70sharps

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Raymond, Washington
Liked 172 Times on 141 Posts

I predict death while killing the governor when the gang comes back to the town.

Probably when she finds out he ordered Michonne killed.
That's what I was expecting when I saw the end of the last show.
The raid on the town will probably be during whatever the governor has planned for the upcoming execution of the traitor and spy.

On tap
Black Butte clone

In secondary
Pumpkin ale

In primary
Honey wit

Up next.. Firestone Union Jack clone

Old 12-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #1445
rifraf

Recipes 

Jan 2012
Chicagoish, Illinois
Liked 197 Times on 150 Posts

SPOILERS AFTER QUOTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudius View Post
And a question for the comic-readers, a yes or no answer should suffice. Are Duane and Morgan (the black father and son Rick met in the first episode whom he tries to radio the entire first season) in the comic? And if so, does Rick meet up with them again? I feel like it's a bit of a plot hole that's never been filled. I mean you just kind of stop noticing Rick try the radio and you never hear or see anything about it again.
SPOILERS:

Yes, and yes.
You have to grow old, you don't have to grow up.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #1446
GrogNerd
mean old man
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2012
Sterling, VA
Liked 2119 Times on 1327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45_70sharps View Post
Men of a Certain Age was on TNT and, sadly it ain't coming back. The BigHair (SWMBO) and I enjoyed that show

was killed over a year & ½ ago

more recently Andre Braugher was on another show (Last Resort, also cancelled) and Ray Romano is guest-starring on Parenthood

drinking: Otto M. Gourd Pumpkin Barleywine, Jewel Thieves Apple Wine, Fresh Squee Zed IPA - bottle conditioning: LoCo Foot Barleywine, Basque cider - lagering : Schwarzbier - fermenting: apple wine, Skeeter Pee - on deck: Grodziskie

Old 12-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #1447
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 697 Times on 513 Posts

Ha! Now that last spoiler was one that I made a point of reading. I'd been too curious through all the seasons to not read that!

Old 12-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #1448
inhousebrew
Recipes 

Aug 2012
minneapolis, minnesota
Liked 127 Times on 114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
Ha! Now that last spoiler was one that I made a point of reading. I'd been too curious through all the seasons to not read that!
I actually had to fight the urge not to read it even after the large Spoiler Alert so I didn't. Wow, that was hard. Deep breaths. It will be worth it in the end.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #1449
dudius

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Big Rapids, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhousebrew View Post

I actually had to fight the urge not to read it even after the large Spoiler Alert so I didn't. Wow, that was hard. Deep breaths. It will be worth it in the end.
The reason I asked was because it looked like a gaping plot hole. Now I have a little more faith in the show to fill it.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #1450
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 855 Times on 626 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhousebrew View Post
Yeah well watch how you scroll through the thread because I just saw it now when checking the thread again.