Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Ink/Stamp Based Labels?

Old 09-12-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
rhamilton
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 66 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Ink/Stamp Based Labels?

I remember a friend from long ago mentioning he labeled with ink/stamps directly on the bottle -- very much like Arrogant Bastard and the hundreds of other 'paper-less labels'.

I Googled around and I really couldn't find anything. Anyone have any links or advice?

Old 09-12-2011, 08:46 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2890 Times on 1703 Posts
Likes Given: 3520

There's probably not much on the web because there's nothing too it. Go to Michael's art's and crafts and pick up some stamps, and some glass paint.

If you want text or to personalize it, look up how to carve stamp blanks and carve your own, and apply it.

That's really all there is to it.

It's a great Idea. It's not how Stone and rogue does it (they have them silkscreened) but it's a great idea none the less.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-12-2011, 08:47 PM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2890 Times on 1703 Posts
Likes Given: 3520

Here. Carving rubber stamp tips.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-13-2011, 05:09 PM   #4
rhamilton
Recipes 

Liked 66 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Thanks for the link Revvy. Yea after researching the Stone-like labels are not ink, but some ceramic process where colored ceramic dust is baked onto the bottle -- way too difficult for a small homebrewer. I'll experiment with some bright acrylic paints and stamps to see if I can figure something out.