Homebrewing has ruined dates with my wife.... - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Homebrewing has ruined dates with my wife....

Old 04-07-2011, 12:29 AM   #1
EllisTX

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Booger County, Texas
Liked 49 Times on 41 Posts

My wife and I don't get to "go out" too often. We have two awesome kids that are almost 4 and 20 months. Pre-Christmas(my homebrewing beginning) I would go just about anywhere if she wanted to when we got a chance to spend some time alone. We found ourselves kid free last night and everytime she would suggest somewhere I would answer, "No, their beer selection sucks". We finally agreed to eat at a BMC dominated restaurant and then we headed to a pub with about 70 different beers. It all worked out in the end, but damn I'm difficult now.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:32 AM   #2
jvcjbl
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Houston, Texas
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

HAHAHA I am the same way. For Valentines day I wouldn't take her to this place she wanted to really go to because their "craft" brew was Sam Adams. I simply told her "I can't drink hard alcohol so you can drink everywhere... I can't"... kinda understood, but then the dinner cost me $225 because of my "requirement"... Not sure who won that battle
Tap # 2: Empty
Bottled: MusiclySweet Cream Stout (for SWMBO), Black Stain Imperial Stout, Boxer Brew

Mohr Brewing Co. Like Us!!

Old 04-07-2011, 01:19 AM   #3
EllisTX

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Booger County, Texas
Liked 49 Times on 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvcjbl View Post
HAHAHA I am the same way. For Valentines day I wouldn't take her to this place she wanted to really go to because their "craft" brew was Sam Adams. I simply told her "I can't drink hard alcohol so you can drink everywhere... I can't"... kinda understood, but then the dinner cost me $225 because of my "requirement"... Not sure who won that battle
Ouch. As long as you got a good beer I guess it all comes out in the wash. The bar we went to is awesome. I got to watch the bartender make a young college student squirm when he called the kid out for ordering a bud light. "We have 75 beers here and you're ordering that crap?!" Priceless.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:36 AM   #4
HSB
Recipes 

Apr 2010
Arnold, MD
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Don't be high maintenance.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:37 AM   #5
Homebrewtastic
Recipes 

Jun 2009
San Antonio, Texas
Liked 26 Times on 23 Posts

I think it's personally reasonable. Part of a great meal is having something great to drink, and if I can't have a good beer then it's really not good meal for me.
Bottled: Epik Barleywine, Chocolate Chili Pumpkin Porter, EKG Amber
Adventures in Zymurgy - Homebrewing and Sour Beer Blog

Old 04-07-2011, 03:12 AM   #6
BBKing

Recipes 

Oct 2009
Canton, IL
Liked 52 Times on 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisTX View Post
Ouch. As long as you got a good beer I guess it all comes out in the wash. The bar we went to is awesome. I got to watch the bartender make a young college student squirm when he called the kid out for ordering a bud light. "We have 75 beers here and you're ordering that crap?!" Priceless.
Awesome

Dick move on the bartenders part, but just awesome