Saison Buffoon Anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseRYC

Reaction score
Hello fellow HBTers, I was wondering if anyone on here has personally brewed or drank a version of Randy Mosher's Saison Buffoon from Radical Brewing?

I have both the french and belgian saison yeasts from Wyeast and wanted to do a 10 gal batch to split. Im concerned after doing research because 25% of the grain bill calls for munich. Is this too much for a saison? Thanks for any help.

Do you mean too much it won't taste good, or too much it won't be to style? It is certainly might be a problem if you are planning to enter it in competition, but I think it could be nice to have some added bready malt in a saison.

Brewed it four times, slight/very different results each time, one of my favourite drinks in the world. Do whatever you like with it and don't bother with competitions, leave the style nutters to their profiles. Great book, that one.

Brewed it twice. You can sink your teeth into it. Very good. I wouldn't worry about the competitions either. Go heavy on the black pepper, makes for a nice finish.

Hi all.

I brewed yesterday for the fist time the saison recipe from "Radical Brewing". I 'm wondering how much food grade lactic acid did you guys use for the recipe ? Thanks in advance

Back