What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make sure you hit Monk's Cafe!
Well...got to the market 10 minutes too late for DiNics...maybe tomorrow. I did do BOTH Pat's and Geno's...two checks on the bucket list. I know...people say they aren't the best, but I got to do 'em once. I'll look up Monk's and see if it's doable...thanks for the tip! Now, as soon as the son is done swimming, off to the hotel bar to see what's on tap. Irritated there's no hot tub...they filled it in and put stupid PLANTS in it! Aaaargh!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395618269.988009.jpg

Something special for my 500th unique on Untappd. First time a proprietors beer has been in this glass. :D Oh yeah, this beer is pretty phenomenal.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Don't drink saisons too much but Evil Twins Ryan and the Beaster Bunny is pretty dang good, especially the aroma. Has this really nice honey lemon pepper thing about it.

Just did my 1000th rating on this one. Its better than I thought it would be. Not as bad as the peanut butter banana, but maybe equal or better than the maple bacon. Probably wouldn't get this again but would maybe try the maple bacon one, one more time possibly(if it was cheaper). They are not worth their price and I think they should be bigger abv for their style too. I don't know this one is not as watery and like cream soda like the maple bacon one was though, its kinda like a extract flavored somewhat sweet brown ale that isn't too watery for 5.4%. Extract aroma/flavor is a bit cloying but you do get/find most of its intended flavors except the pretzel. Meh, extract flavor. You start picking up on that more but more in a muddled extract weird fake taste later. Since its just 5.4% I think Ill finish it but Im not really that thrilled about it, I just am because its not the same as what I have left in my beer fridge. And its decent for a cold weather beer in a lighter kind of dark ale way. Not worth more than 8 bucks IMO.

pretzel ras choc ale.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395624693.962526.jpg

Second pour.

Edit: This is even better as it has warmed a bit.

Attachments

• 1395624884296.jpg
    1395624884296.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 73
Sounds good. Did you get a case or two of nugget nectar yet? Haha

Not yet! All day in Philly tomorrow, then heading west. Should be making some brewery stops Tuesday...at least one...then maybe a bottle shop or good store.

Having a Yards Philadelphia Pale Ale right now. Meh. No urge to bring any of this one home.

1395625134082.jpg

Not yet! All day in Philly tomorrow, then heading west. Should be making some brewery stops Tuesday...at least one...then maybe a bottle shop or good store.

Having a Yards Philadelphia Pale Ale right now. Meh. No urge to bring any of this one home.

Try to get the Yards Pugelist(I think). A great American example of a mild ale.

Glad you are enjoying the real ales

Going to have a real ale now. It's dark and rainy here so this seems fitting

"I want to be smart as a horse and hung like Einstein"

Hits Houston tomorrow! Should be pretty wide spread I'd imagine. I'll probably try to pick up a 4 pack of it and a bomber of SA Berliner.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395625693.739120.jpg

Probably my only beer tonight. Taking it easy. I still think Blind Pig is a WAY better beer. At least for my preference. Still damn good though.

View attachment 188093

Probably my only beer tonight. Taking it easy. I still think Blind Pig is a WAY better beer. At least for my preference. Still damn good though.

I've never had Blind Pig, but I will say Pliny was very underwhelming. And factoring in the ridiculous hype surrounding it, it was extremely underwhelming.

View attachment 188093

Call me a fanboy then. I had both only once. Loved pliny significantly more. Im up for an update though. Im overdue. cost me an ass load in shipping. But 6 dollar bottle was super awesome. Blessing to be local.Lo co or lo cal.

Hits Houston tomorrow! Should be pretty wide spread I'd imagine. I'll probably try to pick up a 4 pack of it and a bomber of SA Berliner.

Got mine early and have a surly coming in. Damn just realized

I need to pack up a trade. Been a busy weekend.

"I want to be smart as a horse and hung like Einstein"

Last one. Ill miss it, it was very decent. I haven't had any of their regulars in so long that I need to go get some. I wasn't huge on them but its just been so long. Miss the oaked bastard also.

goto ipa.jpg

Had a Two Beers Forester DIPA when bbqing, a Two Beers Evolution IPA when eating, and will have an Oban 14 for a night cap in an hour or two.

Last one. Ill miss it, it was very decent. I haven't had so many of their regulars in so long that I need to go get some. I wasn't huge on them but its just been so long. Miss the oaked bastard also.

Bought a couple of six packs of the go to and think its a wonderful session beer. Always cool bottles to home brew with too

Those things look beautiful. I know you've mentioned what they are before but perhaps you can remind me?

Addicting as hell.

Tostones.

Sent from my mobile device. /rant

I've never had Blind Pig, but I will say Pliny was very underwhelming. And factoring in the ridiculous hype surrounding it, it was extremely underwhelming.

Thats pretty much how I feel. And to totally honest, with all the amazing IPA's that have come out in the last 1-2 years, I feel Pliny is just blending in with all of them. Its SO overhyped, and not really sure how its still in the top 3.

Call me a fanboy then. I had both only once. Loved pliny significantly more. Im up for an update though. Im overdue. cost me an ass load in shipping. But 6 dollar bottle was super awesome. Blessing to be local.Lo co or lo cal.

Like I said, to ME, Blind Pig is better. Doesn't mean it has to be for everyone. The hop aroma and flavor in the Pig was SO much brighter, fresher, and more of what I was looking for. The Pig was bottled 4 days ago, and the Pliny was bottled 1.5 weeks ago. So both are super fresh. Just prefer the Pig over the Pliny. If you want one of each in a trade to try them again we could probably work something out :)

Try to get the Yards Pugelist(I think). A great American example of a mild ale.

The hotel bar is overpriced and only had the pale ale and an English style called Brawler. It adds up at $6.50 per beer. Two was enough for tonight.

Back