Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Fermentation Temp. Problems...Please Help

Old 09-04-2010, 12:25 AM   #1
beanbagg
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Fermentation Temp. Problems...Please Help

Thanks in advance. I have had a hell of time keeping my carboy cool enough as my apartment usually gets up to 78 degrees during the day. Most of the tips I have read for keeping it cool are not an option as I am gone for 12-14 hours at a time for work (don't have a basement either).

Would it be possible to ferment in kegerator? I was thinking of installing an external thermostat as I have problems keeping consistent temps with it as is. I am just not sure if the kegerator can hold 68 degrees. Has anyone done this with there kegerator? I don't have room for a fermentation chamber or I would go that route. Thanks

Old 09-04-2010, 02:00 AM   #2
Marsdude
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

If you are talking about using the kegerator as a fermentation chamber instead of a kegerator (at least while fermenting), then yes you can if you install an auxiliary thermostat like a Johnston or Love controller. The kegerator will not hold 68 degrees with out one of these.