first batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmak

Reaction score
Tasted the first batch from a Mr Beer kit received as a gift from mother-in-law. Not bad. We bottled last Sunday after two weeks in the keg. The first taste was from an 11 oz bottle with the same sugar added as the rest of the 12 oz bottles. The result was a beer with good color and so-so flavor. I will try a two can kit for the next batch. I plan to let this batch sit in the cellar until the weekend, then refrigerate. My wife says it's better than commercial beer, so I am counting it as a win!

That is a win if the wife says she likes it. Congrats on the first batch. Like you said, time to get another one going soon.

Be sure those cans are reasonably fresh, or shop somewhere with high turnover. I use Austin Homebrew and order online. Nothing but reasonably fresh ingredients. Never had a problem. I would hate to see you get some stale extract. Just my .02

Latest posts

Back