Glacier hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Damage

Reaction score
Has anyone used this newish variety? What do/did you think?

I'm currently tasting an early sample of a "leftovers" beer I made thatI hopped with Glacier to try it out (.75oz 60min, .25oz 5min). It's got me interested, but I'm not sure what to think of it. The only adjective that comes to mind is "balanced," which is what I thought when I smelled the freshly opened package. It's like it has all the flavors/aromas you associate with hops in equal proportions.

Frankly, the beer I put it in is drinkable but nothing great - granted, it's still a little green. I'm thinking of trying a single-hop IPA or APA with it to get a better idea.

I bought a pound and used it on a wheat beer which is currently fermenting away. I'll let you know in a few weeks!

I liked the description and I seem to be allergic to my prior favorite, amarillo, so I'm trying new varieties out.

a little minty, not very in your face. a good hop for sure.

My first bulk hop purchase was a pound of glacier and I used them in all types of additions. Did a Glacier IPA that was pretty good. As Conroe states they bitter very well, but I also found them good for a dry hop. The last time dry hop w/Glacier was a Cascadian Dark Ale...very pleasant.

I would use them again, but I'm experimenting with other varieties for the past year or so (bulk buying rocks). Unfortunately, I don't recall the flavor profile. Clean hop.

I used it back during the "great hop shortage" as a substitute for Fuggle in an English IPA. I liked it. It's a bit different than Fuggle, the "minty" comment above fits well, but very pleasant.

Latest posts

Back