question with wanting to start kegging?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnybutt35

Reaction score
i know if i scan around i can find all the info but was hoping i could get some help without having to look all over.

i have 2 corny kegs that ive had for some time for when i finally get around to kegging and its about that time. i have a fridge that is big enough to hold both of them and plan on converting it over to a kegerator.

now my question is what other parts do i need? there are so many conversion kits out there but i havent found one that is without the corny. any suggestions on what parts to suggest? i plan on doing door taps with a drip tray.

for each tap you will need:

Beer side-
a shank, a faucet, a tap handle, tubing for the beer lines, a liquid out corny disconnect, 2 worm drive clamps. depending on what comes with the shank, you will need a shank collar, back nut and nipple.

gas side-
gas quick disconnect, 2 worm drive clamps, gas tubing, regulator, co2 tank

Pretty much this picture from kegconnection.com sums it up:
1%20Keg%20Fridge%20Kit%20Homebrew5000STANDARD1.jpg

What the above posters have said. I would recommend that you try to upgrade your faucets to Perlicks. They are a little more money than the standards but they do not get gunked up if you do not pull a pint after a couple of days. The cheap ones will. Also for simplicity I've found the one piece shanks with the nipple for the beer line attached to them make installation a breeze. One less item to buy and one less place to worry about leaks etc... Keg Connection is surely the way to go. Super nice people, knowledgeable, great prices, and quick shipping.

thanks guys. definitely going to contact keg connection for this stuff. checking out their site now.

i gotta say hbt never lets you down.

Back