NJ near PHILLY.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kryznic

Reaction score
So I'm doing my homework and getting the list together. Gonna buy me a kit and get brewing by Thanksgiving hopefully. Hoping to meet or talk to people in the area, only brew shop I know about is Princeton Brew shop in Trenton. Any other locals give a shout!

Otherwise, heya! Names Chris and I've been wanting to brew beer since I saw the Mr. Beer kit in Macy's some 15 years ago. I shoulda bought it but it was so mysterious and I was discouraged by others who didn't know their ass from apple butter. Been reading the John Palmer guide, not getting the whole chemistry/science side of things but it will sink in sooner or later (I hope!)

Cheers :mug:

Don't worry about all the technical stuff yet. After you do a few (easy) basic brews the more complex stuff will be easy enough to master.

I started with just simple extract kits, then upgraded to adding steeping grains, and eventually partial mashes. I now do all grain and partial mashes on a fairly regular basis.

This board has been the best source of brewing education I have ever run across. As in life, everyone has differing opinions here, but I have managed to learn from everyone. :mug:

I buy all my stuff now online. The selection, the convenience makes the shipping cost less of an issue to me.

So I'm doing my homework and getting the list together. Gonna buy me a kit and get brewing by Thanksgiving hopefully. Hoping to meet or talk to people in the area, only brew shop I know about is Princeton Brew shop in Trenton. Any other locals give a shout!

Otherwise, heya! Names Chris and I've been wanting to brew beer since I saw the Mr. Beer kit in Macy's some 15 years ago. I shoulda bought it but it was so mysterious and I was discouraged by others who didn't know their ass from apple butter. Been reading the John Palmer guide, not getting the whole chemistry/science side of things but it will sink in sooner or later (I hope!)

Cheers :mug:

I think the Mr Beer kits are fun gifts to someone who might not have an interest in brewing but would try one if you brought it for them, especially if you know nothing about brewing and want a cheap fun gift. I think if you will want to brew more then my advice is check out the kits using carboys or buckets to start with. They are fairly inexpensive and you can use them for quite a long time, that is all I use.

Yup, I am seeing lots of choices online. I also like a good catalog for the "office" (bathroom) lol and I got a good one from Midwest Brewing supplies. They have some good kits on there. I don't think I would buy the Mr. Beer, they sound like decent kits and some people use them forever but sounds like its mediocre at best. I honestly can't wait to brew a banging IPA, I love IPA's.

Welcome :mug:
I get wuite a bit of my stuff from Midwest.
You could also check out Northern Brewer.
Also, look for a local home brew shop near to you, they are usually very good sources of info.

Welcome:mug:

I'm not far from you, there are a couple of places that aren't too far. Rubino's down at the Columbus Market has a selection of Brewer's Best Kits. Brewer's Apprentice over in Freehold has a great selection of extract recipes, to choose from! I have not been to the one in Princeton yet!

Hey from Mt. Laurel
Princeton home brew is where I shop.
I also been talking to some folks about getting a club going.
If it actually gets rolling I'll let all the Jersey folks know.

excellant! good to hear from some locals! Stockton isn't very far at all, neither is Mt Laurel, good stuff.

Yeah. If you visit with Joe at Princeton Homebrew he'll set you up for thier mailing list. They are an active club in the area. Joe's great; go check out his shop.

You know there's a club in Princeton called the Pale Ales right?

Nope did not know this! I'm going to have to stop by the shop saturday and talk with them and see what kinda setup I can get for now. I want to start something now but due to lack of cash flow will have to be as minimal as possible for about a month.

Thanks!

I'm in Bordentown, I got all my equipment at Brewer's Apprentice in Freehold, right near the mall. Although after reading all the responses here I think I will have to check out Princeton Homebrew.

bumping this up! been brewing for a while now, just extract. All grain is next though as the extract brews I have been brewing are getting expensive. I need to sniff out some clubs, I have not had ANY other home brews but my own. I did find Iron Hill near my job in Mapleshade and damn they make good beer!

There is a Homebrew club that meets at Iron Hill the first Tuesday of the month at 7 PM. Lots of tasting takes place.

hi from frenchtown, nj. i buy all my stuff from keystone home brew supply in montgumeryville, pa. they're very knolageable and like to help out when ever they can

Back