Homebrew Fermentation on Youtube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orpheus

Reaction score
This guy needs to attach a blow off tube ASAP!

I've had active fermentations before, but nothing this violent. Man it looks like there's a snowstorm in his carboy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty cool. There's quite a lot of beer brewing vids on YouTube. I spent about 1/2 hour watching a bunch of them.

the_bird said:
That's awesome, I need to start doing my primary fermenation in carboys.

It's like having a lava lamp full of beer. I love watching it churn - it's pretty amazing

P funky said:
Hey, Orpheus-

Atonement oatmeal? How's that going? Are you an M.O.T. as well?

I'm tribe by association. My wife is a M.O.T.:fro:

I figured I got the day off for Smoked Kippers (as I like to call it) so I might as well put it to good use!

Spyk'd said:
"You should've never trusted Hollywood"

love SOAD! :rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin:

Do ya think that is fake? Ive not seen a primary in a carboy actively fermenting before so I couldn't compare.

We'll never know now will we?

My pumpkin ale had alot of pumpkin bits rising and falling like that, so it may be real, but it might also have been set up for the show.
:cross:

Ya, my Fig Sherry went up through the airlock- it was pretty entertaining (of course, that was in a bucket).

But in my porter I can definitely see a little bit of debris rollicking and rolling.

That guy needs a 6.5g carboy doesn't he. My IPA looks like that when using chunky WLP002 English Ale yeast.

chillHayze said:
love SOAD! :rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin:

Do ya think that is fake? Ive not seen a primary in a carboy actively fermenting before so I couldn't compare.
It's real. I've had one like that, the ambient temp. was to high.

That's incredible - my primary never looked like that! I'm actually glad it didn't as I probably would have been scared. :)

Latest posts

Back