I'm having a hell of a time getting this thing carbed. It's my first kegged batch, so the learning curve is pretty steep at this point, for me. First I overcarbed, so all I'd get was a pint of foam out of the tap. I tried the burst carb technique and I think I over did it.
So vented all CO2 from the beer over the course of two days and then decided to use the "set and forget" method. My kegerator sits at 38*F (I know, too high for a stout, but I'm still dialing it in), so I set the regulator to 10psi for a target of around 2.3-2.4 vols. It's been around 8 days since I set and forgot it. I pulled a pint tonight and it is about half as carbed as I'd want. I guess there is more forgetting to do. ;-)
Otherwise, this beer tastes good. It doesn't have the thick/silky mouthfeel I was expecting, kind of thin, I guess. It definitely nailed the sweet part of the sweet stout. Not a bitter note to be heard of. The hops I used were getting a little old, so maybe they didn't have the AA power that they normally would. Although I remember a significant bitterness from the hydro sample before it went into the fermenter. Weird.
Anyway, long story short, I'm still working on getting this beer where it should be. Wish me luck.
A pic of the pint as I write this. Not much head, unfortunately.