Keg Connection New Inline Flow Control Valve Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > any problem with this?
Old 05-08-2009, 01:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default any problem with this?

I have a few bottles that I filled a week ago and was wondering if it would be a problem to use oxy clean to remove annoying scraps of labels now? I couldn't think of any reason why it would be a problem, but I figured that someone here might.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:32 AM   #2
bad coffee
Liked 449 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 48

oxyclean really should be in hot water to work the best. You're gonna heat up the beer (and the yeasties) in the bottle if you submerge them. It depends on how hot your tap water is, but I'd bet a soak at 100+ would knock out the yeast.

But you could just wipe on and scrub with a scotchbrite.

Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer
Why do you think they choose that path? (.)(.) = $$$$$$$$$
Originally Posted by Zuljin View Post
Wtf was chasing you for an hour? Buy a gun already.
Originally Posted by AZ_IPA View Post
I'm a meat hunter. PKU.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #3
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

If there are any bits of labels left on the bottles I will use a SOS pad and it somes right off, but I soak all the bottles in oxy clean over night and in the morning all labels are off(most anyway).

primarys: Black Jesus IPA
Secondaries: Apple cider

Bottled; Mead

Kegged; Barrel aged Porter, Irish Red,
Dead Guy Clone
Munich Helles, Oatmeal Stout, !2% Russian Imperial Stout, Milk Chocolate Stout, Barrel aged Russian Imperial Stout, 12% Barley Wine(aging)

Up Next; Black IPA
Old 05-10-2009, 01:21 PM   #4
Liked 498 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 773

I've never had a problem using ocyclean with cold water. In fact on the lid of the smaller containers they brag how well it works with washing machines at any temp. Having said this.... hot water is a must for easily removing the glue and gunk that some brews have on their bottles.... Just scrub'em with cold water and a scotch pad.....