First Brew Fermentation OCD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badchemeng

Reaction score
Ok, so I know I'm just being obsessive compulsive about this, but bubbling stoppes in my airlock at the end of my thirs day of fermenatation (I pitched the yeast Tuesday, had heavy fermentation Wednesday night and Thursday and down to next to know activity today, maybe one pop every 2-3 minutes). I wasn't planning on taking a hydro reading for a few days yet (well for a week to be honest) but thinking maybe I should to make sure I'm around my target FG (so I know if I need to repitch yeast)?

Am I worrying for nothing? Initial plan was to rack to secondary in two more weeks and keep in secondary for two weeks. If I'm done with primary fermentation (near my target FG for three days) is there any harm with still following this plan?

Thanks for your help everyone, sorry for the long question.

my last kit went nuts for the first 48 hours then slowed right down... at least in apearances.
the Hydro readings continued to drop steady for 5 more days though. No worries.

Latest posts

Back