North Dakota is brutal. I need a beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taxford

Reaction score
Hey everybody. I'm newish to the site and figured I'd introduce myself officially. I live in Grand Forks and am fermenting my 3rd and 4th batches now. My first month "resume" includes BB Irish Stout (drinking, under fermented), BB Brown Ale (bottle conditioning), Hard Cider (primary), and BB American Cream Ale (primary). So far... this site has changed my life.

Slainte!

Taxford

Welcome to HBT.

Last time I was in ND, I was 8 or 9. Still what I remember was beauitful. Theodore Roosevelt Nat Park. Cool. Grand Forks is close to MN, correct? Lot's of Sunflower fields and all.

Sorry if I'm rambling, but good beer does that to me. Again, Welcome to HBT!!

Grand Forks is just across the river from Minnesota. It's a beautiful place but the cold is relentless. Great for chilling the wort rapidly!

Thanks for the welcome.

I had plenty of those Midwestern winters as a kid.

Make a winter warmer now and let it age for next year.

Went to Fargo a couple of years ago to help a friend move back. Flat, boring and windy. Oh, and cold too. He had to run the rental truck all night to keep the special fuel from freezing up in the lines.

At least in Michigan we have a few hills to break up the monotony! And some trees...

We headed out to ND this past year to hunt pheasants, usually slower and easier then Sharptails. We have already made plans to do this again for many years to come. We went south of Bismark. really enjoyed it!

Back