Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Homemade 'Beer Machine'?

Old 01-28-2009, 11:07 PM   #1
ILurvTheWhiskey
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Homemade 'Beer Machine'?

I recently came across the "Beer Machine" online. It appears to be a self contained, air proof Mr. Beer-like beer fermenter, carbonater, dispenser system. You basically pour in 2.6 gallons of beer mix, cap it, let ferment, condition, and then add C02 through some sort of special port via regular C02 catridges.

I like the idea of having cold carbonated beer like this in the fridge that I wouldn't have to bottle, but the thing runs about $100 so it's a little out of my range. I've been looking at kegs, and my wife won't let me put a 2.5 gallon corney in the fridge if I have to put a C02 tank in there also.

Any ideas on how to build something similar to the Beer Machine or any other ways that I could get a gallon or two of carbonated beer in the fridge?

Old 01-28-2009, 11:13 PM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 5938 Times on 4233 Posts
Likes Given: 1515

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILurvTheWhiskey View Post
I recently came across the "Beer Machine" online. It appears to be a self contained, air proof Mr. Beer-like beer fermenter, carbonater, dispenser system. You basically pour in 2.6 gallons of beer mix, cap it, let ferment, condition, and then add C02 through some sort of special port via regular C02 catridges.

I like the idea of having cold carbonated beer like this in the fridge that I wouldn't have to bottle, but the thing runs about $100 so it's a little out of my range. I've been looking at kegs, and my wife won't let me put a 2.5 gallon corney in the fridge if I have to put a C02 tank in there also.

Any ideas on how to build something similar to the Beer Machine or any other ways that I could get a gallon or two of carbonated beer in the fridge?
My first beer equipment purchase was the Beer Machine 2000. I still have the packs for the refills in the basement- since I used it once. Have you considered buying the tap-a-draft system? That sounds like what you may need.

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans

Old 01-28-2009, 11:47 PM   #3
ILurvTheWhiskey
Recipes 

That is freaking amazing. I would imagine that those are very useful. Unless somebody can come up with something as equally nifty, I think that's what I'm gonna get.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:50 PM   #4
Trenchant
Recipes 

Run the CO2 line through the side of your fridge. If you ever decide to not have a draft beer setup just put a plug in the whole.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:54 PM   #5
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2868 Times on 1696 Posts
Likes Given: 3510

The tap a draft system....

TAP A DRAFT STARTER SYSTEM (no air shipment) @ Williams Brewing

Of course it has mixed reviews, like anything...there's a lot of threads on here about it, so you'll have to make up your own mind on it.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 01-29-2009, 12:51 AM   #6
TJ-Bill
Recipes 

I say get the kegs and get another fridge. Or look into a kegerator set it in the corner they can be pretty nice..

Primary: Double Oatmeal Stout
Primary: Red Ale
Primary: German Ale
Primary: Empty

Kegged: Smoked Ale
Kegged: Spring Pilsner
Kegged: Apfelwein
Kegged: Swamp

Bottled: Irish Maple Cream

On deck: IPA

Old 01-29-2009, 01:51 AM   #7
Henny
Recipes 

Or just bottle........

Old 01-29-2009, 03:35 PM   #8
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 141 Times on 134 Posts

Or use 2.5 gallon kegs (which are very expensive, by the way) and add CO2 as needed, keeping the bottle elsewhere. Re-pressurize every 2-3 pints.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 02-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #9
schia
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

guys,

I'm thinking of buying this TAP-A-DRAFT System and was told that I needed to add primming sugar into it. How true is that? Since it is already going to be carbonated with Co2, why do that? please advice and thanks.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:18 PM   #10
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2868 Times on 1696 Posts
Likes Given: 3510

Quote:
Originally Posted by schia View Post
guys,

I'm thinking of buying this TAP-A-DRAFT System and was told that I needed to add primming sugar into it. How true is that? Since it is already going to be carbonated with Co2, why do that? please advice and thanks.
This thread will be the place to read through.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/tap-...ighlight=draft

Should have your answers there.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew