Trying my first homebrew...right now!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ocal83

Reaction score
I have been reading this forum for over a month now. Everyone here is enthusiastic, friendly, and always ready to answer us "Newbies" questions. I don't think i truly grasped the obsession aspect of this.

Until now.

I sit here drinking my first attempt at a homebrew. It is a little flat, the flavors haven't quite melded together, and it's not even cold. But you know what... its all mine. And its awesome!

Funny thing is all i can think about is my next homebrew. Thanks to everyone who has answered my questions. Cheers!

It is a little flat, the flavors haven't quite melded together, and it's not even cold. But you know what... its all mine. And its awesome!

Funny thing is all i can think about is my next homebrew. Thanks to everyone who has answered my questions. Cheers!

LOL! That sounds like me- it's flat, it's green, it's warm, but.....but......I think it's good! What's amazing is that with a little experience you can taste some newly made wort and say, "Wow- this is going to be so good!", overlooking the bitter, sweet, cloudy aspect of the wort.

When I first came to this forum, I had such nice people encouraging me and giving good advice that I decided to stick around. I hope you do too!:mug:

Nothing is better than giving a pint to a friend and they say "Wow, you really made this?"

Haha my father just commissioned me to make him a full batch of the first pale ale I made. I know the feeling. This is so much freaking fun.

I have been reading this forum for over a month now. Everyone here is enthusiastic, friendly, and always ready to answer us "Newbies" questions. I don't think i truly grasped the obsession aspect of this.

Until now.

I sit here drinking my first attempt at a homebrew. It is a little flat, the flavors haven't quite melded together, and it's not even cold. But you know what... its all mine. And its awesome!

Awesome bro! Just brewed my 1st can't wait to try it!:tank:

dude i still remember my first, i was sooo nervous that a month of dreaming and anticipating would be for nothing... good feeling isnt it, and although it is hard and i have only done 4 batches i can tell you that waiting is gonna only make it better, at first i notched it to inconsistencies, but 48 hours in the fridge and an extra week in the bottle make a huge difference in fit and finish of your brew!!

I just went into secondary with my first batch tonight.. After the smell I have organized my next two brews.. I will have brewed 3 times before being able to open my first batch.. Cannot wait until I am where you are.. Enjoying a nice Homebrew.. Congrats man..

Congrats to the OP & all the other n00bs!! I remember the excitement and anticipation while the first batch was in the bucket and bottles. Enjoy!

You know, maybe I have had too much homebrew, but this came close to bringing tears to my eyes.
Not only did you create beer your happy with, you already have the sense of how it develops, and how much better it will be with time.

You have read the forums, you know what you want, and your doing it.

I think all of the great brewers who post here and help us should read this and sit back and understand they have done good.

Thank you, :mug:

Ocal83,

Well done! You have experienced probably the coolest feeling I have ever known. It's what keeps me brewing after all this time. It still hits me!

All you n00bs - keep up the good work! Before you know it, you'll be the ones here writing, "In my day, back in the late Oughts, we didn't have all these newfangled gadgets. We went to HomebrewTalk and bugged people until we got a clue!"

:D :mug:

Bob

Congratz...Still remember my first beer and everyones. You made this...really? No way.

Its progressively more fun from here.

+1 to all the helpful people on here.

Back