Superbowl Brews?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rph33

Reaction score
Anybody taking some brews to your local superbowl party? Anybody planned specifically for it? What will YOU be sipping come Superbowl Sunday?

Personally, I'm going to crack my first bottle of BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde Ale (MY FIRST ALL-GRAIN; thanks BM + DeathBrewer!!!) on Superbowl Sunday. I just bottled it two days ago; that gives it only 11 days to carbonate, but I've popped it into my warmest room and I'm hoping for the best :)

I'm also going to take two or three of my "Brewdimus Dubbel Ale" which has carbonated well and is a sweet Belgian treat of a beer. And finally, I'm planning on making a boatload of Atomic Buffalo Turds and calling it a day!

Ahhhh, beer. I don't even watch football, and yet beer allows me to fully enjoy days like Superbowl Sunday. :mug:

I did BM's Centennial Blonde and it is good. I found it was MUCH better after 4 or 5 weeks, but I had some from grain to glass in about 12 days (force carbed in the keg) and it was not bad, just not as good as after 4 or 5 weeks. It will be a hit assuming it gets carbonated.

Going to have a Schwarzbier brewed with German Ale yeast...hopefully the black color will not encourage the Steelers (I despise everything about them).

Will likely get a 1/4 barrel of 90 min. as well just for good measure.

Finally got my batch of Superbowl Lager kegged last night. My first time kegging, and my first try at a BMC type lager (it is American football after all). It spent 16 days in primary and just over 4 weeks in secondary.
The obligatory sample I took last night, though a little darker than I had hoped, was brilliantly clear and was, I think, sufficiently... bland. Since I'm a little behind schedule for "set-and-forget", after purging the keg with CO2 I set the pressure at about 25 PSI. I'm going to leave it at that for two days before dropping the pressure to 12 PSI.
Can't wait to see how it comes out!

I am bringing stout and amber wheat with me to our big annual party. We been throwing them for around 8 years now and this will be the first home brew to cross the door at the parties.

Man! I can't wait!

Kegged an apricot hefe last night (should be popular to the non craft beer lovers) and I have an IPA on tap too. Beer at a Superbowl party is manditory; football comes second.

I just tapped a keg of my "Left Nut Brown Ale". Smooth and malty. Rich, but easy drinking.

That said, I'll probably just enjoy the Superbowl in my brewshop by myself. Well...it will be just me and my five taps. :D

I just tapped a keg of my "Left Nut Brown Ale". Smooth and malty. Rich, but easy drinking.

That said, I'll probably just enjoy the Superbowl in my brewshop by myself. Well...it will be just me and my five taps. :D

Ohh yea, I forgot to send you and your brew an invite to to our party. Just a hop skip and jump down the road....:D

Latest posts

Back