Should I just bottle this lager?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pugilist

Reaction score
You guys have been helping me a TON with this whole batch and its really appreciated. Everyone knows I have been fermenting it at like 64-68ish instead of the cold temps.

I put it in the secondary about 3 days ago and am wondering if I should bother with the secondary at these temps, or should I just bottle it and let it sit? Some folks told me having it in a plastic bucket for the secondary even with the 3 piece airlock, can spoil the taste. Thanks again!

The most important thing it to make sure your fermentation is mostly complete. You'd know this by checking is you've reached your final gravity reading with your hydrometer. If fermentation is not complete, you will get bottle bombs by bottling prematurely. I would say, evne though you are fermenting above the desired temps, it is too soon to bottle. Another week or two at least, but the gravity readings will let you know.

I think it's hydrometer lesson Monday!!!! :D

Thanks gents. It was in the primary for 7 days and was basically 1 or 2 bubbles a minute when I transferred over. I have no problem waiting to bottle, but have been getting conflicting reports on that. ;)

Back