Hello from Boston

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoffm33

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The wife bought me a Mr Beer kit from Xmas (oh the horror!), and I just got around to opening it up this weekend. It included their IPA kit and that's what I have fermenting in the included keg.

I've been lurking the forums over the weekend and getting excited about getting further into home brewing. One of the local home brew stores (https://www.beerbrew.com/) will be getting a visit from me in the near future. Will likely upgrade my equipment kit.

Anyway, hello!

geoffm33 said:
The wife bought me a Mr Beer kit from Xmas (oh the horror!), and I just got around to opening it up this weekend. It included their IPA kit and that's what I have fermenting in the included keg.

I've been lurking the forums over the weekend and getting excited about getting further into home brewing. One of the local home brew stores (https://www.beerbrew.com/) will be getting a visit from me in the near future. Will likely upgrade my equipment kit.

Anyway, hello!
The Weymouth location is great, good prices, good selection. Also check out beer and wine hobby in Woburn.

A couple of my buddies signed up and took a short class. They seemed to like it a bunch.

My one buddy just moved to Boston in the last year. You guys are probably neighbors :) hahaha

Do you have a "Next" batch in the works yet?

A couple of my buddies signed up and took a short class. They seemed to like it a bunch.

My one buddy just moved to Boston in the last year. You guys are probably neighbors :) hahaha

I don't. I figured I would read up a little while the first one is fermenting. Still trying to work out the bottling situation so I don't have to use the plastic ones in the Mr Beer kit.

I had been collecting my bottles for the last month (sister-in-law gave me beer-of-the-month club) but when I went to de-label them, I noticed they were twist-offs!

That is a excellent reason to go buy some good crown cap bottles of beer well you are waiting, soak in oxi-clean after drinking. :D.

And welcome to the forums.

Matt

Hello from Plymouth, you got some nice brew shops up in boston and the Wort Processor's brew club is pretty nice from what I hear. Good luck

That is a excellent reason to go buy some good crown cap bottles of beer well you are waiting, soak in oxi-clean after drinking. :D.

And welcome to the forums.

Matt

Thanks! I wish I had been thinking ahead, I had recycled about a case and a half of good bottles!

So I just ordered the Bewitched Amber Ale along with some accessories. I was surprised at how competitive the accessory pricing was compared to my LHBS. Got the spigot/bottle wand, hydrometer, caps and capper and some sanitizer.

Will start batch #2 when I bottle #1 on the 23rd.

geoffm I are you sure your not this guy... :rockin:

Chad-Smith.jpg

Back