You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it so wrong to encourage them to try a normal Lager? :mug:
For some people, they know what they like, have tried many other things, and don't like the other things. I've tried many kinds of coffees, but just don't like most of them - I like my french roast. I always encourage exploration, but in the end, getting some people to try different beers is like teaching a pig to sing: it's a waste of your time and annoys the pig.

When you have to explain to your friend that its going to be a half hour before we can open the Rogue bomber I bought because it needs to be fed

When you are on a business trip and have a few bottled craft beer in your hotel room. And are seriously considering packing the empty bottles in your luggage because you have been giving beer away and the bottle supply is getting a bit low.

Or, conversely, you like to save the bottles & caps for your collection. I'll save one out of a 6'r for the collection, then put the rest in rotation delabled. I also bag up the caps for trading for swag on here or beer forum that txbrew runs as well.

Or, conversely, you like to save the bottles & caps for your collection. I'll save one out of a 6'r for the collection, then put the rest in rotation delabled. I also bag up the caps for trading for swag on here or beer forum that txbrew runs as well.

I like to make magnets with new or interesting caps. 1/2" round magnets glued to inside of nifty caps make nice decorations for the keg fridge.

That's one of the reasons folks trade me for them. Others do artistic things like murals or bar tops with'em. I got some coasters from around the country on one trade. Got a couple bags of caps now...

When you use your grain scale to weigh your child and see how much he's grown.

Did it and it worked perfectly.

When deer season rolls around and you wonder why all those conicals are hanging in the trees

HA! I like that one^^. They stone ya when yer tryin' to be so good. They stone ya just like they said they would. Woooohaaa ha haaa!:mug:

Hey, drinking a BL once saved me from heat stroke/ dehydration! So little ABV that it was like drinking water! ;-)
I can imagine the BJCP 2114 Style Guidelines on "Historic American Lager" mentioning how it was brewed to replace water...you know, because water wasn't safe to drink back "in the days."

Got two, when you vacuum pack 2lbs of hops and while cleanin up find a loan pellet so pop it in the mouth like dip

And when your 2yr old makes an air lock on his sippy cup lid
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410629666.534671.jpg

Got two, when you vacuum pack 2lbs of hops and while cleanin up find a loan pellet so pop it in the mouth like dip

And when your 2yr old makes an air lock on his sippy cup lid
View attachment 223723

Haha. I've done the first of these (although never as pleasant tasting as smelling...). I have a 2 year old as well, and could totally see him doing that. I think 2 is probably a perfect age to start teaching basic brewing principles!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

When you refuse to give up on a beer to get it fermented after spending a day mashing, sparging & boiling the best wort you can!

When you get the new iPhone and the first app you check is HomebrewTalk.

My work surprised me today. 🍺

Yep did the same with my new iPhone too, and in the pod cast thing, subscribed to all the brewing networks podcast and a couple other brewing ones I've never seen

When your wife is mad that all of the pillow cases are being used to cover carboys to keep the light out!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

when you get mad at the trees in your back yard for dropping leaves. not because you'll have to rake them, but because you don't want those little bastards falling in your wort.

Just be careful letting the kids get too close to the root beer, that stuff can be volatile while it's carbonating…

Back