Holy Bitter beer Batman!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muscleshoalsbrewer

Reaction score
I took 2 liters of my Brewferm Abby style beer to my parents. It was one of those can kits with yeast under the lid. 4 weeks primary, 5 weeks condition in the bottle. it carbed nicley but man its so bitter you can hardley drink it. Has anyone expierenced this before? What could have caused this? I have tried it at different stages of ageing but its not going away.........:confused:

yes it was a no boil kit, used corn sugar and tap water, fementation was pretty aggressive for about 48hrs. i used my old mr.beer keg because it was a 9L kit. It just has a very bitter taste. What did yours turn out like Nurmey?

Mine was very smooth with hardly any hops or bitterness to speak of. I used bottled water and the reason I asked is if I use straight tap water beer tastes very bitter and astringent. I have to do a few things to my tap water before it's fit to use in a brew. The other difference is that I used malt extract instead of sugar. I'm not a fan of how brews taste with a ton of sugar added.

Back