Labels and corks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chibeast

Reaction score
I'm so pleased with how my first wine is turning out that I was thinking it would be nice to make some labels for when I give some as presents. What program would you recomend for making labels? What labels should I use?

Also, can I get custom corks somewhere?

I use microsoft word for labels i use regular paper and a glue stick. Finding god labels was diffucult for me. Also a little tip i picked up on here wasto spray your labels with hairspray to prevent bleeding

I used Microsoft Word before but Publisher is much better. Then you can design what ever you want. You can also get the preprinted labels and just add the wording you want.

I would get the heat shrink Capsules for the bottle tops. It really make the bottle look professional. However the labels can make the big difference. Look at http://marks.iwarp.com/photos.html and you can see the labels I do in pubisher. Please excuse the site as I am just starting it.

Very cool. Those look great! I guess I need to look into getting publisher. You're right about the capsules too of course. Thanks for the sugesstions! :mug:

We used ink to put a stamp on the top of our corks. We used red, but there are lots of colors. It looks really good

I got it from Michael's crafts. Any big craft store should have some stamps. They also have special ink pads that have moisture resistant ink! I got a spider wed one with a separate little spider(it is too cool!) for $8 or so, the smallest letters were $6 for the whole alphabet and an ink pad was about $9. Good luck.

Back