water top off question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beer_master

Reaction score
Lets say,after finishing the sparging proces i end up with 15L of wort,and i need to have around 30L so after boil will drop to 23L.Now is it better(or possible) to do more batch sparges (meaning more suger in wort and aromas)to get to the wanted volume of water, or its better to add needed water prior to boil?

Are you doing a partial mash or is this all-grain?

I guess to take a stab at answering your question, additional sparging is possible. However, any more than two sparges will add very little to the efficiency of your wort (declining for each additional sparge).

How long would additional sparge water need to sit to make this worthwhile? (Sorry to hijack OP's thread! Me so n00b to AG...)

Are you doing a partial mash or is this all-grain?

I guess to take a stab at answering your question, additional sparging is possible. However, any more than two sparges will add very little to the efficiency of your wort (declining for each additional sparge).

A.G.

So that means its the same ,wheter to top off or not,or extra sparge or not

How long would additional sparge water need to sit to make this worthwhile? (Sorry to hijack OP's thread! Me so n00b to AG...)

I guess around 10 mins or less.

Back