What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Delish! Thanks LoloMT! :mug:

image-565883561.jpg

Robust porter I bottled a few weeks ago...I don't think I mixed up the priming sugar...
going to taste one every week.

I posted this a week ago...I def didn't mix up the priming sugar, I remember that sample at the very end tasting pretty sweet... Time to add more sugar to each bottle? Carb drops? A half in each maybe? I've never used them.

There is a little carbonation in the bottle, but not much. No head whatsoever. It needs some aging, the sample at bottling tasted awesome.

CliffMongoloid said:
I want to try a sour never had one.... Im headed to wegmans... Not the best bottle selction but does anyone know of one i might find there

Cuvee Rene is usually pretty easy to find and pretty good.

image-3271652967.jpg

Saint Somewhere Saison Athene. I am a total Saison/Farmhouse/Funky Brett noob, so take this for what it's worth. This beer is lemon citrusy, peppery (like heat on your tongue and the roof of your mouth), carbed to bejesus. The smell is like you squeezed a lemon over some old gym socks. Wow, it's mind blowing, all that is going on in here. Is this typical for these type beers? All I know is that this brewery open ferments and carbs with Brett.

First pint of my munich-nugget smash

ForumRunner_20130607_182314.jpg

Still needs some time to clear, but tastes like beer...a pale ale actually

image-1112410207.jpg

Saint Somewhere Pays du Soleil. I was going to save this for tomorrow, but I was so intrigued by the Saison Athene that I just had to drink it now. First note, it's red. Apparently it's brewed with hibiscus, and that makes things really red. The nose is not as funky and the taste is juicy dry, if that makes sense. Also there is no lacing in this, tons of quick dissipating head, but the glass is clean. This is really good, but the Saison Athene is awesome.

Well finally killed that horrible growler each pour I was like maybe it got better as it warmed nope still crappy bland nasty single chair oh well had it never again on to the shed ipa and loving it maybe its because of that crappy beer but its pretty tasty

image-1481347481.jpg

Friends stopped by and I busted out some goodies- Abner and Ephraim. Abner was incredible, Ephraim is really good, but not so balanced.

image-4138565311.jpg

Got this instead... I have no idea what i got

That's kind of a 'fake' lambic. It's sweetened and not very sour or complex, but some folks really like it. It is tricky when you're getting into sours. Duchesse is another one on the sweet side, but not like the Lindemanns Kriek.

Just finished a centennial blonde and now on to the pineapple hefe. Can't wait for my Fretzy's clone to carbonate, it's not much of a clone but it's still good.

TNGabe said:
That's kind of a 'fake' lambic. It's sweetened and not very sour or complex, but some folks really like it. It is tricky when you're getting into sours. Duchesse is another one on the sweet side, but not like the Lindemanns Kriek.

Give me some input on my two saison/farmhouse/funky Brett's please sir.

Back