Wheat Stout...?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianTheBrewer

Reaction score
Austin Homebrew has a special for a Wheat Stout at the moment. So I went ahead and bought the all grain recipe. Anyone brew this before or even try it? I dont believe I have ever had a wheat stout. Looking forward to brewing/trying this.

Ya I am trying to think what commercial wheat stout's are out there...?

New Glarus in Wisconsin makes a seasonal "Black Stout". I'm thinking that fits into the Stout category.

I made the mini-mash of AHS Wheat Stout, I like it. I got a couple of them on their special price, and have one fermenting now.

I am getting one of the extract kits. I have never tried an all grain. I love wheat beer and I love stouts, how could I go wrong? I am gettin the liquid yeast but not sure if that's better or not.

I made the wheat stout and I want to enter it in a competition. I'm just wondering what category to put it in. Would it be a stout or a specialty beer?

I was tying to make a black weizenbock, had horrible efficiency and too much roasted barley. It ended up being wheat stoutish. Very nice, very creamy.

Back