Specialty IPA: Belgian IPA Slightly Stoopid Belgian IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewed this 2 weeks ago really excited to see how it turns out! The yeast went nuts and made quite a mess but so far seems like it'll be totally worth it. Been wanting to brew a Belgian ipa since I started brewing so I'm trusting you Remmy [emoji6]

You will not be disappointed. This is my favorite home brew of all-time.

Any ideas for a dry yeast substitution, specifically from Fermentis, that's all we get with regularity here. Maybe a blend of 05 and T58, with 05 making up 95% of so of the blend?

Last edited:
I can't get over how awesome this beer is! Been getting compliments that this is their favorite beer I've brewed. It's quite a bit lighter than in the picture couldn't get a good photo outside. Thanks again!
20180725_165342.jpeg

After about a year and a half hiatus of brewing, I got a whole new system and brewed this on it as the christening of the system!

1.056 on the dot. Had some good fermentation going for 3 days or so, hope it turns out!

20180831_225403.jpg

20180901_010558.jpg

After a week on gas this was pretty astringent, i wasnt holding out much hope. But after another week of conditioning this beer is great. I had originally tried to brew this for a comp, as i dont much like the esters typically found in belgians, i thought this might be a good comprimise. It wasnt ready in time, but i brought a growler to an inpromptu club meeting and this was by far the favorite of my 3 brews, besting my 1st place cider from the same comp and my admitedly mediocre NEIPA. Everyone loved this, but werent convinced it was a belgian. It did taste more like an APA, but had a touch of spicyness. I fermented on the cool side with MJs abbey ale yeast, 62, to supress some esters, perhaps i could bump it up a few next time. It was nice to hear "a beer worth paying for". It also got called a hoppy saison by a commercial brewer, which i never would have thought of, but it was still his favorite of the night. Anyway tldr; great recipe! This is a repeat for sure.

Going to brew this with the 3787 on the weekend. Anything to note on the fermentation schedule? Same process as for a triple with this yeast or should it be kept on the cold side? Just afraid it will stall if I control the temperature too much. :mug:

Back