What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't argue it's a bad beer because I don't like it, but you can't say it's fermented and then point out that they stop the fermentation. That would make it sort of fermented at best.

Speaking of fruit beers, time for a post nap Berliner. Blackberry this is. Sweet it is not.

Partially fermented is still fermented.

It's like getting a 70% hair cut, but sweeter and less traumatic!

I like fruit beers but rather would have em dry.
And what Gabe pointed out

If you like dry fruit beers, then you should never buy an NG fruit beer and ignore their permanent status at the top of the fruit beer lists.

I like dry fruit beers too, but they need to be soured with lacto.

:mug:

Randy_Bugger said:
Partially fermented is still fermented.

It's like getting a 70% hair cut, but sweeter and less traumatic!

Is it anything like this though?

[ame]http://youtu.be/X90qKQAMh8A[/ame]

Billy-Klubb said:
I have literally crawled home from the no longer existent St. Joe's Pub in Rapid City, SD.

edit: perhaps with a glass in my pocket.

Now that's the real kind of pub crawl. :D
And that glass probably wasn't meant to be taken. ;)

A little retreat at home before heading out back for more before work

ForumRunner_20130824_171914.png

Drinking a Shiner Prickly Pear. Made with prickly pear cactus fruit. It is actually very good, may need to find some more of it.

ForumRunner_20130824_192107.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
You need to. Ill always be game. Its always a different glass

I'm sure it's more fun with a friend, so I'll let you know if I can make any upcoming ones. Between St Arnold, Southern Star, and Karbach, it seems like there's always one going on.

Drinking a cream ale while I finish cleaning up from today's barrel fill.

NG may sell more fruit beer than anyone, but they are far from the best. That's like saying Budweiser is the best lager in the world just because of the volume they sell.

I'm sure it's more fun with a friend, so I'll let you know if I can make any upcoming ones. Between St Arnold, Southern Star, and Karbach, it seems like there's always one going on.

Southern star is having one in the woodlands soon. Though so far they do not have a special glass so far

You did, but you haven't mentioned any fruit beers that are worth drinking in your opinion.

Odd Sides Pineapple IPA, Kuhnhenn Blueberry Eisbock, New Holland Ichabod, Shorts Key Lime heck most Shorts fruit beers are good and dry. But we like diff styles so its kinda pointless

dirtybasementbrew said:
Dales pale ale while watching the Eagles game! E•A•G•L•E•S EAGLES!!!!

F00k that! Go Niners!! I'm Kaepernicking as we speak!!!

Dark Horse Perkulator Coffee Dopplebock. Never had a dopplebock with coffee in it. Took a bit of warming up to find the coffee, but once I did it was a very nice compliment to the maltiness and dark fruit flavors of the base beer.

20130824_202100.jpg

Odd Sides Pineapple IPA, Kuhnhenn Blueberry Eisbock, New Holland Ichabod, Shorts Key Lime heck most Shorts fruit beers are good and dry.

Ah ha! 100% Homer beers. No surprise there.

The only one that gets out of state distribution is Ichabod. I'm not really a fan of pumpkin beers. Kuhnhenn costs like $25 a beer and is generally unobtanium to out of staters unless you want to trade whalez.

I actually haven't had any of the beers you listed, so you should buy all of them and ship them to me so I can tell you how wrong you are. :):cross::)

I get it, you like dry fruit beers more than sweet. Have you tried Founders Rubaeus?

Remmy said:
F00k that! Go Niners!! I'm Kaepernicking as we speak!!!

The 49ers d coordinator Vic Fangio is from the town I live in. My father in law graduated with him they r pretty good friends!

The only one that gets out of state distribution is Ichabod. I'm not really a fan of pumpkin beers. Kuhnhenn costs like $25 a beer and is generally unobtanium to out of staters unless you want to trade whalez.

I actually haven't had any of the beers you listed, so you should buy all of them and ship them to me so I can tell you how wrong you are. :):cross::)

I get it, you like dry fruit beers more than sweet. Have you tried Founders Rubaeus?

Not my fault we have all the best breweries in Michigan :D I have had Rubaeus but just a taste on draft and it was let's say a foggy night at best. As far as Kuhnhenn they just obtained another brewing and bottling campus so that will change very soon.

dirtybasementbrew said:
The 49ers d coordinator Vic Fangio is from the town I live in. My father in law graduated with him they r pretty good friends!

Nice.

Doug Marrone went to my high school and got me a sideline pass when he was a coach on the New Orleans Saints yrs ago. He used to coach Syracuse and is now the HC for the Buffalo Bills. F that! #ninernation

Yuup and it foooking sucks!

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Odd Sides Pineapple IPA, Kuhnhenn Blueberry Eisbock, New Holland Ichabod, Shorts Key Lime heck most Shorts fruit beers are good and dry. But we like diff styles so its kinda pointless

I need to try a pineapple IPA.
I also need to brew your clone recipe for key lime pie.

WesleyS said:
I need to try a pineapple IPA.
I also need to brew your clone recipe for key lime pie.

I need to brew one. F00g.

nukebrewer said:
Dark Horse Perkulator Coffee Dopplebock. Never had a dopplebock with coffee in it. Took a bit of warming up to find the coffee, but once I did it was a very nice compliment to the maltiness and dark fruit flavors of the base beer.

That's on my list to try. Hopefully my mom can find some for me in Chicago.

NIZZLE said:
Yuup and it foooking sucks!

I wouldn't say it sucks, but its not the best fruit beer I've had. I think I prefer a beer to be sour if its going to have that much sweet fruit character.
For example: I'll drink the s*** out of Lindeman's Framboise, but I'll probably never buy Rubaeus again. Swing and a miss from Founders. Such a shame.

Back