anyone made a glassware washing/drying station?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twd000

Reaction score
I'm thinking of rigging up a station to wash/sanitize/dry beer glasses outside, attached to my kegerator.
I know a lot of bars use the 3-sink setup. I'm hoping to end up with something more compact.

What kind of detergent do you use? What kind of sanitizer?Can I leave the cleaning solution in the reservior for long periods?

Most nights I will only have 2 glasses to clean.

Do you have the bristlecone brushes for scrubbing?I'm thinking of using an old dishwasher rack for air-drying.

does anyone have a rig like this one?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GBN1HW/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I'm thinking this might be the ticket - bristles should clean inside and outside of the glass at the same time. Flip over the glass to clean the bottom, rinse and air-dry.

It says it is 9" tall, might be barely enough to reach the inside of my taller pilsner glasses.

Could I leave this in a Rubbermaid tote full of PBW? How long will the PBW solution stay good? I know bars use a sanitizer as the middle sink, but I see no need to sanitize since they are my own glasses, and who knows what a normal dishwasher cycle leaves on there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back