Propane Jet Burners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chromados

Reaction score
I am about to put in an order for a brew stand from PinupBrewery and Brewers Equipment. I was thinking about upgrading from the normal burners that come on the stand to propane jet burners but i have heard many mixed reviews about these burners. I would love any ones input who uses these burners and if you would get them again or just wait and get a hurricane burner for the boil kettle.

thanks
Chromados

What kind of burners are standard equipment? I dislike the multi-jet wok burners mostly because you cannot adjust the air/fuel ratio. I also am not fond of the hurricane and banjo burners as I think they waste a lot of fuel and are overkill for this type of application. I would go with 6" ring type burners like those found on the Bayou Classic SQ-14. I think you will find that opinions on the various burners are very similar to the opinions on malt mills. They will be all over the place and everyone seems to like whatever it is they happen to have. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it also doesn't help you much with your decision. The best thing you could do is find a fellow brewer that uses one of the burners you are interested in and check it out in person. Do you belong to a home brew club? If so, some of your club members should be able to help you out.

Back