The Chronicles of Dude

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am planning a series of high gravity beers to be brewed over the next year or so, in accordance with kind of a "seasonal" idea. I'm going to name each one somewhat fittingly with the style of the beer--with a twist. Each one will end in "-tude", ala Weyerbacher's "-esy" and Russian River's "-ation" series.

So, without further ado, here are the "Chronicles of Dude":

SANCTITUDE - Abbey Tripel
ATTITUDE - American IPA
DULCITUDE - Oatmeal Porter
FORTITUDE - Oak Aged Rum Barrel Strong Ale

All of the beers will be cork bottled and wax coated for proper aging.

Recipes forthcoming! Brewing will commence in 2008! :rockin:

Great idea! You may end up with a lot of company. I certainly don't mind brewing something now that I won't be drinking for a long time. (If I did mind than I really screwed up with the 135 gallons of wine I made this fall that won't be ready till 2009.)

Sounds like a great idea, Dude. May I also suggest Vicissitude? Maybe a barleywine...you know, b-wine changes so much with age, vicissitude is one of its qualities...:D

Quoted for posterity as the most obnoxious signature ever:
Dude said:
Chuck Norris dressed as Brett Favre for his Halloween costume today.

I like the Chronicles idea, Dude! Sounds like a nice series of brews. I may have to brew a "tribute" IIPA - "ALTITUDE."

Very cool, Dude. I wish I had a temp controlled place to store all of my strong stuff. I've got 2 yeasrs of barleywine, a RIS, a Doppelock and a strong belgian dark I'm hanging on to.

DeathBrewer said:
We like the Chronic...

- What!? -

...cles of Dude!
Chad said:
I tell ya that I'm crazy 'bout them cupcakes, cousin!

Chad
Mr. Pib + Red Vines = Crazy Delicious

You could do Latitude in a similar vein of DFH's Pangea.

Pick a couple ingredients that have their roots from countries/regions that all lie on the equator, for example.

You could do Latitude in a similar vein of DFH's Pangea.

Pick a couple ingredients that have their roots from countries/regions that all lie on the equator, for example.

I started researching ingredients for this...I'm going to pick ingredients indigenous to countries along 37 N for the first one....and after that, maybe I'll pick a "longitude" and do that too!

And oh....

How about a beer in honor of Dude's sexual prowess?

INEPTITUDE

You should do CRASSITUDE. ;)

Back