Awesome Tap Idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watermelon beer is a total treat. There's a thread around here somewhere on how to make some. It's great. I'd probably taste whatever came out of that watermelon tap. That looks great.

Faucet and 5" Shank Kit w/Black handle - Larger Images

They say that it actually works. Doubt that watermelon beer would work out very well, but I bet that you would still be the talk of the next party if you put one of these together. If you can read the fuzzy words off to the side it will give you the instructions.

There's a commercially available watermelon beer! Of course I don't like it very much, but a lot of people do. I would think serving a wit out of a well hollowed out watermelon would be amusing, at least.

Watermelon wheats are fairly good, but I don't see how this kit would work without totally degassing the beer.

Watermelon wheats are fairly good, but I don't see how this kit would work without totally degassing the beer.

Agreed on the degassing, but if it were feasible, I imagine a pumpkin would be another possibility during the fall.

I've seen the pumpkin thing done in pics from Morebeer catalogue I think. Hell, I can't remember. i'm reading 3 different brewing books at the same time. Might have been in one of those... If so, probably Radical Brewing, by Randy Mosher.

I did this with a mixed rum concoction one time. Since it wasn't carbonated, all I did was pop the spigot from my converted MLT cooler into a small hole. It worked great. I'm sure you could use the same idea to serve small amounts of beer out of.

Do a Watermelon wheat. Fill Watermellon through BMBF Method after carbing normaly in a keg. you'd need a primary vessel anyway because a watermelon will hold, what? A gallon?

Just so ya know, in that particular article, it ain't a beer that they are talking about. It's a watermelon punch. I have the magazine, I could post a pic of the whole thing with the recipe.:D

:EDIT: Nevermind, that is the whole thing...duh.

Latest posts

Back