Four outta seven?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Battery_BreweryNJ

Reaction score
So three of my 2nd year hops haven't popped up yet so I dig them up and there was nothing to be found??? A small piece of the root but not much(maybe the size of a pencil). I'm figuring that they had rotted out, but the wierd part is there wasn't any root system that should have built up from last season. Anyway now im pressed with the decession of replanting now or just leaving it. What do you guys think?

What?

Nothing left? Seriously? How would they have rotted out? I mean, I live literally inches above my lake and I haven't had a problem. That sucks!

Could have been eaten as well. I'd replace them. Plant the same types, just in case something does come up.

we here in michigan had a hard/heavy snowfall winter. this led to deer being in my yard pretty much every nite all winter. between them and the dam squirrels they ate my fuggle and willamette(this would be their 3rd yr growing) so bad that nothing is left not even a twig of a root. the bad thing is i planted these a little deep(12") just because of the critters that come in my yard in the winter.

Back