Starter for Brew Today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorpoet

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the answer will be to 'go ahead'...Can I make a starter today and use it effectively 6 hours later after my boil is finished? Or, will there not be enough viable extra yeast? I can just pitch the vials, I've done that before.

I'm pretty sure the answer will be to 'go ahead'...Can I make a starter today and use it effectively 6 hours later after my boil is finished? Or, will there not be enough viable extra yeast? I can just pitch the vials, I've done that before.

At the earliest i would pitch tomorrow.maybe wait until monday to pitch.

No problems with the wort just sitting there at 70ish degrees overnight? I understand the reason why, just making sure I don't get an infection or anything. If I underpitched now, it would just take longer to really get going. This is a high gravity brew.

No problems with the wort just sitting there at 70ish degrees overnight? I understand the reason why, just making sure I don't get an infection or anything. If I underpitched now, it would just take longer to really get going. This is a high gravity brew.

pitch now and seal fermenter.next time make a starter 2-3 days before you
brew.

Back