Be Careful What you Wish For.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigKahuna

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok. Everyone wants SWMBO to be more supportive...but be careful. A few weeks ago, I let her pick out an ale kit...we brewed it together, letting her do most of the fun stuff while I sanitized and cleaned up.
When bottling time came...Guess who cleaned all the bottles and labels? Me. Then she helps fill, and I cap.
This weekend, we went into the Brew Store for a new bench capper that I've been saving for.
We left with $270 worth of "STUFF"...including my $50 capper, and all her new wine paraphernalia.

Have I mentioned that My SWMBO Rocks?

I wish she read this forum, so she could see how I talk about her.

hahah i'm with ya there. my lady has been right with me through the entire brewing process. it definitely makes those big purchases easier to explain.....never have to hear the "you spend 100 dollars on WHAT this weekend???"

not to mention a whole lot of fun since you always have a brew partner around!

Im trying to get her into it but its hard. Maybe once she tries some of the homebrew and likes it she will change her mind.

Okay this is a noob question but what does the SWMBO mean? I know its wife/gf but i cant figure out the acronym!

Anyway, my girlfriend tolerates my hobby and I love her for it! Its a good idea letting her brew her own and on her own once though..... ill give er' a try! :mug:

paranode said:
I'm just thankful that mine tolerates it at this point. :D
+1
She has resigned to the fact that I will brew so I don't here too much grief about it anymore. I do try to do most of my brewing when she isn't home and I bottle in the evening when it doesn't affect her. Still she doesn't really like beer or wine so there is not much hope of here joining me in the experience.

Craig

hint: search the newbie forums for SWMBO its been explained many times.

I think the swmbo acronym must be "discovered" just like the EAC thread must be discovered, or rather experienced.

My SWMBO is into homebrewing, and I like that. I do most of the work, but she is involved and is a real help with bottling (and drinking, of course).

Sometimes she makes annoying beer requests, though. Just the other day she said to me "I guess its about time we brewed a summer beer. You know, something we can put fruit in. Like a lemon wedge."

I dutifully added a Hefeweizen (blech) to the brew schedule for early May.

z987k said:
I think the swmbo acronym must be "discovered" just like the EAC thread must be discovered, or rather experienced.

Any chance of you posting a link to the EAC thread. I was away for a while and missed it. I beleive it originated back in the day in regards to USMCRUZ's bleach posts, but I missed the origination of the actual term EAC

Back