gotta love brew days like this!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeRoux's Broux

Reaction score
man, you gotta love brew days when it's sunny, 63 degrees, calm breeze, tunes, a good IPA (thanks brewsmith!), and no one to bug you:cool: just me and the hound chillin' and breww'n.......:drunk:

anybody else brewing today? i got my Red Bird ale goin'. malty/hoppy pacific northwest ale named after the local university mascotv(my alma mater).

Brewed last night/evening with rain then mist and 50 degrees. Wouldn't you know it, today is beautiful in SC.

Sounds good for you DB!

Beautiful day here in NC, too, but no brewin'...just cleanin' and cookin' in preparation for the family. Plus the wife pretty much said some of the fridge space needed to be liberated before I can do another batch. I'm dead set on a hefe during January.

No brewing here in MA, but I did just finish a marathon bottling session (for me anyway). 5G of my Pale Ale, and 5G of my Stout. Used up all the new flippers that I got for X-mas, as well as some that I came upon 2nd hand. It's warm here too, around 40-45*F and foggy.

I will be brewing this weekend- just don't know what yet.

not today, we got the big barley wine that i renamed 'rudi can't fail' (after listening to the clash when tinkering with the recipe) scheduled for a new years day brew session...

No brewing here. Driveway flooded Tuesday and I'm hauling gravel yesterday and today.

Yeah, MO is cold and dreary. A good day to drink beer. Hopefully Friday, when I do the Three Hearted IPA, will be warmer.

Hell yes! Today is a beautiful day to brew! When I woke up this morning it was cold and raining, but by the time I got off work, the sun was out, the air was just cool, not cold, and on the walk home I just kept thinking "can't wait to brew tonight, can't wait to brew."

Wish me luck on batch #8 for the year.

#8 is a Bell's Two Hearted clone. My first attempt at a clone. I've always formulated my own brews, with good success, but I want to see how close I can come to the original. Plus, I love Two Hearted. If you're not familiar, it's an IPA. It's not on my signature, because we just decided to do this recently.

I brewed up my stout today, 55 and beautiful all day. Sure beats those damn 95° and 95% humidity days.

All went well. I got a couple of beers racked over while I was boiling. Its a great day!

Putting the Freedom Ale on gas tonight--determined to have it ready for a party tomorrow night. Might be a little green, but Sam and I will probably be the only 2 that notice. :D

Brewed up a Heffeweizen last night. The wife is interested in brewing now so I let her take the ropes on this one. She did good with no problems. It is bubbling away now.

Brewed last night. It stayed about 60 degrees in LA with a clear sky and only a little breeze.

brewing new years day, have to turn to lagers now....never thought I would say some thing like this but...it is too damn cold in florida (for ales that is). I have 8 carboys lined up in the bathroom trying to keep them at 68 degrees and the wife is getting mad...hehehe.;)

I brewed a Czech Budvar today. :D

This afternoon (3PM) we went and saw the Trans-Siberian Orchestra in concert. They were great. The band was tight. Highly recommendable, but I think they are on the last show for the year tonight (8PM).:D

Latest posts

Back