weird seems to be conflicting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeyChopps

Reaction score
My wife bought me a 6 pack of cable car amber ale. I like most of my brothers and sisters at hbt love reading the literature on the side of the bottles. But this brew has me confused and I quote " this amber ale is crafted in the lager style..." Am I missing something how is it an ale and crafted in the lager style?

Probably brewed with an ale yeast at low temps (low for ale temps...high 50s low 60s) and then cold conditioned before packaged.

That's what I kinda was thinking. But do u think that maybe the "brewery" just used a lot if buzz words to sound better?

Maybe it's a Marzen malt/hop bill fermented with an ale yeast? That's what I get out of the statement

wailingguitar said:
Maybe it's a Marzen malt/hop bill fermented with an ale yeast? That's what I get out of the statement

Idk about that it doesn't have a marzen taste profile also it says its brewed with honey which really throws me off

Back