fermenting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffiano31

Reaction score
if the bubbles have stopped in my carboy, but it's only been 9 days of fermenting, is it okay to bottle it? Or should I wait at least two weeks? I took a hydrometer reading and it's at 1.015.

If you wait at least a couple of weeks, your beer will taste better. It sounds like it's done with the active fermentation and that's normal, you could bottle now but you're better off waiting. I go 3 weeks before bottling myself, I've learned that it improves the end product.

If you wait that long, isn't it harder to get the beer carbonated? do you have to add more yeast with the priming sugar if you wait that long?

NO, a month (like many of us do) in primary has NO affect on carbonation. But the beer will be clearer and many of us believe it will taste better...

:mug: I usually only keep my beer in primary for a week and a half to two weeks and I recently let one go a month and it has a much smoother taste.

edit; and might I add, perfect carbonation

NO, a month (like many of us do) in primary has NO affect on carbonation. But the beer will be clearer and many of us believe it will taste better...

It's twue, it's twue.

I'm a noob still but I took Revvy and others advice a few batches back. I ferment 4 to 5 weeks and the results have been outstanding.

Dennis

Stick with the month. Much of the advice here and on the instructions you would be wise to follow. It's amazing the quality of the product you will get if you let it ferment for that full month and the clarity that you can get from the beer.

I just transfered my red ale into a secondary after one week in primary. I had the same question on how long should i keep it in my secondary? I'm always to much of a hurry thinking something might go wrong.

Latest posts

Back