WON 50# bag of Briess Pale Malt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megalomani

Reaction score
Admission to Beer and Sweat (Keg only homebrew competition) - $20
Unlimited sampling of over 250 homebrew entries - $0
6 Raffle tickets - $10
Winning a 50# bag of 2-row - priceless

It was a blast, although I personally did not register in time to submit my own homebrew. A friend of mine from "back in the day" placed 3rd in the IPA category. There was a 3 pepper porter that was delicious. Tried lots of beer and won the grain, not bad for 30 dollars on a Saturday night.

Great casual homebrew competition, will definitely go back and enter my beer next year. If your close to Cincinnati area check it out next go round.

Here is the flyer from this year: http://bloatariandotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/bs-the-ultimate-guide-2012.pdf

Congratulations!

Is there a happy ending to this story? Do you have your own grinder?

No grinder... but a friend has a corona mill and since my LHBS was a sponsor for the event I suspect I could crush some when I pick up other ingredients.

The Cereal Killer is on sale but SWMBO says not until we move to somewhere with a garage.

I just got a corona mill from Austin home brew supply for arround $40.00 bucks. Not to much to inest since you allready ahve 50 lb of unmilled malt. Order it and some specialty malts, yeast , and hops and the shipping won't hurt to much either.

Back