OO Calc spreadsheet for calculating IBUs from continuous hop additions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radegast

Reaction score
It's available for download here in OpenOffice format.

This is based on the formula by rocketman768. Someone else made a continuous hopping spreadsheet a while ago but 1) It appeared to be based on 30 second intervals instead of a continuous function and 2) it's not available anymore. I tested this spreadsheet with rocketman768's values, and it came out with the same result.

If there's any problems or issues with this spreadsheet, please let me know.

Continuous hopping is fo suckas - Continuous hoping however, well now that's another story :tank:

All I know is that I had a very good experience with continuous hopping. I had a beer with a rich but not overwhelming hop flavor using only a reasonable amount of hops.

Then again, I've never made a beer with also continuous hoping, so there's technically no control group.

I also made an XLS version for people who prefer that. I checked the calculations, and the equation still works in this format. It also seems to load a lot faster in OpenOffice than the ODS file. Available here

Back