The Great Wait...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkaBoneBenny

Reaction score
Goddamned it, I hate waiting for beers to be ready! I brewed my "American F#ck Yeah!" Double IPA in early december and bottled January 15th. I promised myself I would wait until at LEAST March 3rd, for the Jewish Holiday of Purim to crack the first one, as it is a Bigger Beer and should be aged longer.

Well I opened one last night, you know, just to make sure there were no glaring errors or anything. It was just so good! It was my first time confidently using a grain heavy partial mash set-up that I currently use. It was so good, I just had to put another in the fridge today... you know.. to reward myself tonight at Midnight after a loooong day of Thesis writing... I'm just afraid I'm not going to be able to stop! I wish i could just bury them all underground and forget about them for a few months. I know they'll be so much better then.

Argggg... Anyone else suffering ffrom this problem right now?? Anyone else currently waiting on a beer they are very excited about? It's killing me...

And here I am once again failing to exibit any self control, writing posts on HBT instead of working on my thesis.... goddamned...

-Ben

No, my problem is trying to get a keg to blow, so I can put something else in the kegger & then brew a batch. Serious backlog here.

Oh I feel your pain bradda. I'm waiting three more days to bottle my ESB, four after that I'm bottling my Mirror Pond clone, and as soon as I bottle my ESB I'm brewing another batch of ESB to dump on that yeast plus a fresh pitch. Two weeks from Wed. that I can taste the fruits of my patience. I'm all on your side.

TCHDNSD said:
Oh I feel your pain bradda. I'm waiting three more days to bottle my ESB, four after that I'm bottling my Mirror Pond clone, and as soon as I bottle my ESB I'm brewing another batch of ESB to dump on that yeast plus a fresh pitch. Two weeks from Wed. that I can taste the fruits of my patience. I'm all on your side.

Mmmm Mirror Pond clone...my house ale.

Actually I just kegged a dortmunder that I'm itching to taste again as the hydro sample wasn't enough. One of my club fellow members is visiting
here while working this week so we are getting together again for some sampling and the dortmunder will be included. I have a couple of bottles done up for the tasting as bringing kegs is out of the question.

Got a bitter that I just need to carbonate, and I'm about to wash some yeast from a Scotch ale, with a honey brown ale coming in the mail in the next few days. I can't wait for that damn bitter, it looks fantastic!

It's even worse now that I keg. I will hook up the keg if I have an open tap, so I can sample while it's conditioning, ya know? It usually blows right about when it hits its prime. For this reason, I've started doing 10 gallon batches. :D

Latest posts

Back