Metallic taste from beer gun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ck1950

Reaction score
I am having some issues when bottling using a beer gun. Beer poured out of the tap taste great, but beer bottled using a beer gun has a metallic taste. I have a container of star San that i put the nozzle of the gun after I fill 6 bottles and cap them. I clean the beer gun and run star San through the line prior to use. Bottles are sanitized using my dish washer on hi temp San rinse. No soap or jet dry is being used. I have no idea why I am getting the metallic taste.... Any help would be great!

I use my beergun pretty regularly and I've not encountered this issue. I use iodophor to sanitize and always dispense 8oz or so of beer into a glass before I fill the bottles. I'm inclined to think this may be an issue with the starsan.

Have you tried ::eek:: putting a little starsan in a small amount of beer to see what it tastes like? Also, it might be worthwhile to put a little water in one of your bottles to see if the flavor is coming from there.

Latest posts

Back