In need of some recipies cider&lemonade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntingohio

Reaction score
So I went into my local home brew supply store asking about cider recipies and hard lemonade. I ended up walking out with 3 airlocks, 2 nottingham brewing yeast packets, 2 red star pastuer chapagne yeast packets, 2 red star montrachet yeast packages, 3 drilled and undrilled 6 stoppers.

So i took one of the RS champagne yeasts and did my normal recipie.
great value apple juice
2lbs sugar

sugar ,half juice, aggitate, then more juice, aggitate, pitch yeast starter, aggitate

thats going along very nicely, and will finish primary in 7 more days.

Now I have these yeasts and no recipies for em. Im looking for new recipies for the mottingham yeast and the motrachet yeast.

I'm looking to do a hard lemonade, and open to any sweet hard cider recipies, HELP?

Nottingham is the simplest of ale yeasts. Most american ales can be fermented with notty. I'd look over the recipes for anything using safeale s-05, WLP-001, or WYEAST 1056...all pretty much interchangeable

Champagne yeast will probably be ciders...haven't made much of those.

Look in the recipes > cider section of this site, there really is some great recipes in there.

Look in the recipes > cider section of this site, there really is some great recipes in there.

Tried that,but unfortunately I cant use the search

If it helps for suggestions I only brew one gallon batches normally, but can go for a full 5 gallon batch.

Right now im thinking this is how ill use them
champagne- make my standard cider again, and again,and again
Montrachet- No idea
NH- maybe cheap cider, maybe a hard lemonade

I really need a hard lemonade recipie, I have no idea how ive never done one.
Id like a couple different cider recipies, to try and experement with. anyone have one?

I have been doing some hard lemonade with some really good tasting results. I have not had a problem with it starting to ferment at all.
7 cans of frozen lemonade, 3 limeade
5 tsp of yeast nutrient
2lbs of sugar
1 packet of Montrachet yeast
5 gallons of water

It has been fermenting out in about 5-7 days. I do not put it into a secondary, but you could
I add another can of limeade at bottling to make it carbonated.
It tastes great and it will get you loaded pretty quick.

I also like Montrachet in my ciders.
good luck

edit..I also whip the cra% out of it every day with a whisk and I start the fermenting at around 80 degrees and it ferments at 70-74

Back